Fox's accuracy journey

what the fuck

1 Like

The 2020 Year End Update
I just wanted to take the time to say that I appreciate every one of you who have been willing to make content for this game, and for being willing to share it with me to play-test! Last year I had a total of 1,222 DMd files from 72 unique people, but this year that number is up to 2,210 from 88 people!

That’s also not to mention the fact that organizers have had me play-test or request a release play through of a number of packages, along with some special themed streams as well (Leftovers 3, and much more recently Secret Santa 2020). A lot has gone down, and the mantra of “play more” has never really felt so nice, considering the direct interaction I have with all of these people who make these files.

Score stats:
I also figure I’ll do a quick reference to 2019 to 2020 total unique grade counts, because it’s kinda funny.
2019 Unique grades: <AA (811), AA (5147), AAA (3218), AAAA (1685)
2020 Unique grades: <AA (1139), AA (6924), AAA (3906), AAAA (3758)

So as you can see, the way things are panning out implies that in the not too distant future, I am literally going to have so many wife quads that I will have more AAAAs than AAAs. My average sightread play is just a wife quad, and my average revisit brings an old AAA to an AAAA, which is why my AAA total is only several hundred more. Most of the new AAAs are either sightread mistakes, or solid AAAs on rather difficult tech files or dumps. So basically I set maybe a thousand something new AAAs, but then brought the number down a fair bit just by well, revisiting scores from 2017-2019 and bumping up the grade on them.

PB Graph:

Last score of 2020:
Seeing this dream become a reality after almost 2.5 years of steadily improving and casually revisiting this file is crazy to me. I absolutely adore this song and the file, I needed to try it once to close the year and, I finally got it.

Art:
While it’s not directly related to Etterna, I do incorporate my own art and assets into my game, and my streams too. I’ve made a number of unrelated pieces this year though, some of which are of Etterna player’s characters! If you think cartoony anthro art is neat I have a link to my profile on FA here.

Closing:
I hope that I can continue to play this upcoming year, and check out all the cool things that people are working on! Once again, thank you to every stepper who allows me to be a part of your process. Also, a big thanks to anyone who allows me to be a part of your life, however minimally, through watching along in my streams or VODs. Oh and of course, a thank you to anyone who has been playing Etterna for sightreads and accuracy this year, and climbing the ladder of our little niche along with me and several others!

Take care guys, I appreciate you all. Have a wonderful new year!

2 Likes

April 10th: The seal has been broken - RFC
AAAA’s this session(s): 16 | AAA’s this session: 5

Today was kind of an odd one, trying to shove what little time I had available to keep with my play schedule resulted in two smaller sessions, the latter of which took place very late at night. I was mainly doing 6k, the best score from that likely being this one:

Minijacks, JS, some chord stuff, but really the streams and the rolls are what are the hard part to acc in this. Even simple streams and rolls in 6k still feel so hard to keep my sd low on, but I’ve been getting better over the last few months!

Anyway, I started getting sleepy and didn’t really feel up to doing anything speedy, but I still wanted to play. So I decide that today is the time I am going to minmax acc again. With my relatively newfound love for J6 for quads, I figure that perhaps gunning for w3 99.99s would be best suited with it’s twice as tight partner J8. As it turns out, this ended up working out pretty excellent! I’m gonna start off with the main squeeze and then post some other mental stam revisits I broke into 99.99 with.

After a good 2+ years, the curse of never RFCing any valid file ever has been lifted. I’ve had my fair share of single digit marvelous scores, and even some marv flags, but this is valid RFC #1 baby! I’m so glad I got my first on something like this, I really enjoy this song! Not only is it not CJ, but it was also a single attempt too. Technically a revisit but my last play was in 2019, also it’s 99.9926% W3 J4 (no quint, score sucks).

Also now that I’ve got one
the GATES ARE OPEN. Here’s #2, same day. I did have to play this a few times though so less epic than Wiosna, but still I am super pumped! This song has an odd cut and some 12th bit which in the past gave me trouble. It’s 99.9912% W3 J4

Okay now it’s time for the 99.99% mental stamina unveiling:

The melody is now stuck in your head.

And dab and dab and DAB

The quintessential MENTAL STAMINA CHALLENGE. First W3 99.99%, sadly Moca’s score is Wife 2 and they have long since retired.

I’M IN- SANE- WAB-IN I’M IN- SANE- WAB-IN -BIN -BIN -BIN, There were some good chunks of this where I was just straight J8 MFCing, sadly I couldn’t keep that up forever and balanced it out with worse sd in other areas. Pretty wild to think about having J8 MARV control though, if even for a short period.

2 Likes

May 27th: I’ve come to make an announcement
AAAAA’s this session: 1 | What“

Yes, I am serious. No, I do not mean “in .71 this will be a quint.”

So recently I got my hands on a fancy new keyboard, which keeps my chords consistent in ways I haven’t seen since my Magicforce 68 days. This keyboard, for which I am eternally grateful, is called the Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid-i (blue switches), which I happened to find basically new on eBay for about $40. I’m not super thrilled to use it for anything speedy, but holy lord in heaven for braindead CJ acc is this board blowing me away. I’ve gotten several 99.99 PBs pretty quickly on it already, but those aren’t what I am here for today. No, I am here to show off the first 200+ note wife quint, obtained after a bit of intense grinding on Dog.

If you’re not familiar, this is just a 30 second wall of quads. For braindead acc, this is equally as hard, if not harder, than basically any CJs at the same speed. But yeah yeah, obviously the file isn’t exciting, I wish I could’ve started off the Quint library with a Scintill file, but what can you do? It’s the first, and that means the floodgates are open for others to drop in. Let’s see where this next year takes braindead acc, maybe someone will bring down a 200+ note file to 2.9x sd! Exciting prospects indeed. Last year I never thought I’d break into 3.9x sd, and now I have this 3.14 score.

If you’re wondering, the wife% is 99.8138% J9, 99.9542% J8, and 99.9824% J7

Thank you, goodnight.

5 Likes

ŃĐŸĐ±Đ°ĐșĐ° indeed

Before I get into my session I just wanted to acknowledge that some big developments have happened since my last post in May (in regards to the unnerfed Quint!) As expected, we did eventually get some steam rolling, and now we have three users sitting in the 99.996 camp on a file over 200 notes! I made a pretty little picture (please view full size by right clicking and viewing in new tab) showing off the progress and what is hopefully to come from someone soon!

With that out of the way, let’s begin!

August 21st: A big tech acc session!
AAAA’s this session(s): 47 | AAAAA’s this session: 1

Between hurting my arm a bit and also giving my finger a little cut yesterday, I figured it’d be better to take things easier today and not rock the boat. So I went for a full on slow burn acc session without any pushing, and things went quite well indeed.

So let’s start with the (nerfed) quint and RFC I got today, once again courtesy of my Quickfire board. I tried this file in the past but it was oddly difficult to not wobble on (like trying to get 99.990). I revisited it today to see what could be done, and low and behold I have improved. Crazy how that happens.

I got many good scores this session, but this is my favorite. If you’ve played the file before, you know how wild the lyrical tech is in this, if you haven’t, do yourself a favor and enjoy a good file. I can’t believe it’s finally over after all this time, I finally did it. SD tight enough for wife quad, J6 PFC and no big mistakes. My heart was absolutely pounding when I set this. Damn near beat out of my chest.

This convinced me to go through GD III and I managed to full quad clear all the songs on one of its difficulties.

Also apparently we’re at the point in 20XX where I can just 99.99 a real file now?? This is wobbling piano sync slow handstream with some minijacks. I don’t even know anymore man.

Last but definitely not least is my final play of the night, where I just wanted to chill with one of my favorite files and songs ever. My long standing goal of MFCing this has finally come to an end, with a surprisingly tight performance just shy of .98, which is pretty wild for me! I feel like my average potential on this is closer to .971 or 2, not freking 9. Nirvana was achieved tonight boys, we got 'em.

1 Like

September 11th: I literally played all of hi19 6 in one session
AAA’s this session(s): 17 | AAAA’s this session: 30

Vale 3 is huge, too big for me to get through in one day, but 39 songs? Yeah I can do that. Overall impression is pretty mixed honestly, I’ll post an album with all the images and blurbs here. Sorted by overall in client. CLICK THE PICTURE TO GO TO THE ALBUM VVVVV

Also here’s a neat Vale 3 sightread I got today! Pretty fun stream speed, glad I kept up well.