[SUBS OPEN/4K] The Etterna Touhou Project (tentative name)

So, this was supposed to be announced on October 1st but uh…work and life got in the way lmao. But, here we are, a project that I kinda wanted to get around to that’s inspired by GPop’s Touhou packs. That’s right, I’m hosting a themed pack for once :>

So, without further ado, this is how the pack is going to be rundown:

1. No dumps, this is strictly a tech pack.
  2. Original, remixes and arranges from the Touhou series and more are allowed.
  3. 20 files will be the cap for the pack.
  4. Resteps of other Touhou charts already made will be put under heavier standards as it needs to not only stand itself out from the original, but also have the quality to justify the restep.
  5. If multiple submissions of the same song is sent, only one submission of it will be chosen.
  6. Have fun! Find the right Touhou song for you and chart away! I’ll be more than happy to provide pointers and such!

No servers at the moment but you can either send submissions to somestepmaniaproject@gmail.com with the subject saying “Etterna Touhou Project Submission” or to my discord cincodemayonnaise

Enjoy and have a wonderful time <3

-James May

Files in the pack

1. Lost Bamboo Thicket (Samctuary)
  2. Plastic Mind (XelNya & ShadowGod)
  3. Timekiller (XelNya)

Files in WIP

1. Lunarian Speedway (James May)
2 Likes

paq paq paq

1 Like

check ur emails nerd i sent a chart a month ago

Pack’s not dead. Had been dealing with work and a dead laptop fan lmao. Pack’s still going.

1 Like

Gonna post a quickie review for the submissions:

Lost Bamboo Thicket (Samctuary) - AYOOOOOOOO Gensou Skydrift! That game was my jam when I played the fuck out of it on the Switch, and love this song. The file’s simple, straightforward, and definitely a similar vibe to some of the GPop kb Touhou files. Definitely Accepted

Lunarian Speedway (James May) - My chart, easier side of my charting with two js sections that aren’t hardpain. Some isolation stuff with some of the sounds in the chart. bnuuy. In

Plastic Mind (XelNya & ShadowGod) - Shoutouts to Zagh. Passes the restep test.

Timekiller (XelNya) - Tick. Tock. This file is actually p cool. In.

Youjigen Chouyaku Kikan (Freya) - Cute file, need to play it in game to make sure it’s alright but I don’t think there’s anything wrong that needs shifting consistency wise, but I’ll update once I play it. More than likely in