Scroll Direction Question

I know this is most likely personal preference or w/e, but I see a lot of the top scores on charts I play usually have scroll direction on reverse. Is there a difference (other than the obvious scroll direction changes the order in which arrows appear in patterns, etc) that makes this style of play more favorable for top player? Or have I just gotten a really small sample size to base this off of?

Thanks!

cant log in on my usual account
does this answer the question?

̶S̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶u̶m̶e̶ ̶(̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶l̶y̶)̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶e̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶c̶e̶r̶t̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶p̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶n̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶e̶r̶t̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶u̶n̶b̶a̶l̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶c̶h̶n̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶?̶

Nevermind: rereading it downscroll removes effects… that is interesting I guess lol. I can’t read downscroll to save my life anyway so dodged that one haha.

Thanks for the reply!

no im saying there is no difference between downscroll and upscroll
its an april fools joke

Ooooh. Did look at the date lol. I’m not that accustomed to all the different play styles since I only recently started looking at other players and learning more advanced stuff. I’ll take a loooong time to get confident enough with this game as it is.

Sorry for bad English.
The top players usually have played other rhythm games which is downscroll before.(djmax, o2jam, 2dx, etc.)
If you play downscroll, the only benefit is you can adapt to other rhythm games easier.

1 Like

there’s literally 0 reason to pick either one over the other. most (but not all) reverse scroll players migrated to etterna from games like osu!mania. usually the scroll direction one might use depends on what what the first scroll direction they ever played on.

imagine someone’s first direction scroll being split

i wanna see a d8 splitscroll main player before i die

I want left and rightscroll to be an option

me when taiko