[Release] Etterna Echelon Pack

Happy birthday, Zeta!
eepbn
Download link if you hate clicking on banners

Welcome to Etterna Echelon Pack. After 3 years in development, hopefully it will have been worth the wait.

This pack consists of 43 ordered files of difficulties escalating from 16 to 39 MSD with a concentration around the ~20-26 MSD range. There are also 6 extra files that test the players skill on unusual gimmicks. While not deliberately part of the design, the pack also has a bias towards technical and jacky patterns, especially in the higher tiers. That being said, I believe there is enough diversity in difficulty and styles that I would expect there to be something for everyone.

As implied by the lengthy development time, this pack’s organization had a lot of issues. This was the first pack I hosted, and while I had second-hand experience of pack organization and years of charting experience, making a pack of this scale and specific structure is challenging to coordinate nonetheless. My motivation with this game has also always been very inconsistent, meaning the longer it dragged out the harder it was to get myself to work on it, especially since I mostly didn’t bother keeping things organized.

Considering the circumstances, the fact that the pack is out at all is enough to have me satisfied. Better yet though, there are a lot of files that I really love in this pack, both from myself and from others, so despite it all this pack is a success in my eyes, even if I don’t anticipate it becoming a meta staple.

Thank you to:

Zeta, for submitting so many charts, giving feedback on the pack, collabing on files, getting me some of the last files I needed, and just encouraging me to keep the pack going in general. If it wasn’t for him this pack wouldn’t have ever come close to releasing.

Everyone who submitted, for waiting patiently for up to 3 years for me to release their files… or wait years for me to announce they weren’t making it in.

graeme, for letting me release his We Luv Lama edit in this pack.

Ska, for some gfx ideas, including the alphes 2hu references. Also sent two great files that I took too long to make a decision on, so go play those in Grape Cola 3 instead :slight_smile:

Jerry Jurr for making the Quadrupolar graphics set.

Tim, for coming up with this packs name, even though I’m sure he didn’t mean for it to actually be used.

You, for reading this much and (presumably) playing the pack.

Lastly, an overview of each file. This isn’t really necessary anymore with MSD and chart previews, but I’ve always liked seeing these for other packs, and I’d imagine both the charters and maybe some curious players would appreciate it. Also, I wrote most of these at like 5 AM, so they’re kind of stupid.

Chart Comments

[1-1] Dream drip macchiato - The easiest file in the pack, a well made conventional chart by brug.

[1-2] All Spies - 24th flams, 16th light js and some rolly 32nd bursts. Kind of like an easier version of NEMESIS. Great song choice, we need more Flying Lotus in Etterna.

[1-3] MAHOROBA - Like Dream drip macchiato, but a bit faster, bit more technical, and a bit more diverse in patterning. u better be hitting those chordjacks hard btw

[1-4] About Damn Time - The only chart I messed with the subtitle to do a funny joke :-). First real dump of the pack, lot of fun rhythms and patterns here. Great introduction to playing dumps for the players starting to break into the 20s.

[1-5] It’s Raining Tacos - Probably has some of the strongest early 2010s energy in the pack, not just in song choice but with the style of charting. You could’ve probably fit this into one of the Rebound packs without anyone batting an eye honestly. gj to soldierlovestacos for getting the aesthetic down so well

[1-6] Please kill me - Spooky BMS chart from Celebelian, dense jumpstream with minijacks and some bursts. Did you know there was once a horror BMS theme’d pack planned?

[1-BOSS] Magicrash Ice - Collab between Zeta and myself, where I made most of the file but Zeta did a lot of QA fixes because I apparently couldn’t snap for shit. Play it with the bg video on for the real experience.

[1-X] Dum Surfer - Slowjam to a slow jam. Pretty much just a Zeta file, I only really provided the idea and some specific feedback for how the intro art should transition out.

[2-1] What Is Love - It’s like a Sexuality Violation file, but for keyboard. The subtitle is both a reference to a certain midare file and the fact that I stepped this on 1.5 rate (Great way to chart easy dumps, btw)

[2-2] Elif and the Night of Twilight -Called- - FFR file, not necessarily fast but has a lot of tricky patterns. Should be a fun accuracy challenge for players more oriented towards that.

[2-3] Duvet - One of my favorite files I made in the pack, and also a favorite of a lot of the playtesters. Nice flowy jumpstream and stream bursts to a classic

[2-4] Say you love me - A XingRen file. Of course it’s good, have you ever played a bad XingRen file? You haven’t, they don’t exist.

[2-5] Like A Man - First of quite a few Wiosna files in this pack. Deceptively tricky technical patterns and bursts in this one, be careful with this one

[2-6] You Don’t Know - The joy I get from hitting those trills is what I imagine everyone else feels when hitting those semi-jumptrill things Leo puts in his jumpstream files. You know what I mean. Put this in FFR u cowards

[2-BOSS] Religious Sun Faith (1st Anniversary mix) - https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Utsuho_Reiuji#Personality

[2-X] Wee Light Departed - y̶̨̻͍̖͕͕̦̟̥͐̏͐͊̅͂̈͂͠e̷̙͔̲̺͉̳̥̹̦̜̻͙̺͂̓̿̇.̴̪̭̤̠͇̜̩̃͛̾̿͑̑̆̿̐̀͛̒̓͆͘͝ä̶͇͙̥̦͇̥̖̮́̌͐̂̀̂͊͂̈̾̔͒͝͝ͅh̶̨͇͚̗̔͊̈́̌̈̊͂̿͌͌͗̌̕̕͜.̸̬͗̓̈́́̉̀͠͝á̷̢̢͍̱͙̖̝̝̺͙̰͚͋͐̈̈́̉͌͗̈́̊͂͘n̶̻̣̙̩͔̻̹̮͙̠̊̓̎̔̿̓.̸̜̝̺̞̼̘̹̍i̸͔̗͎̓̎̈́̈̄̌̀̀͝l̶̢̹̫̬̼̭̜̯̟̲̩̝̳̣͎̒̌͒͝ͅǫ̴͚̖̼̥̳̺̳̟͕͈͙̣̠̖̊͆̑͑̑̉̎̄̕͝ͅv̶̨̢̛̟̒̋͐̆̍̃̔́͝͠ͅȅ̴̢͈̺̝͎͈̘̣͎̥̈̀̂̋͛͒͐̽̄̀͘͠m̷̧̢̛̙̼͍̟̤͙͔͋͋̀̏͆̕̕͝.̵̨̢̪̼̫̞̲͚̯̙͖̗̮̗͔̓̐̃̌̆̄̑͌͌̎͜ͅè̴̢̳̞̓̐̑̍̔̔̉̈́͜͜͜͜s̵͙̙̮̲͍̝͓̈̓͐ǫ̵̡͍͇͚̳̝̹͈͚̖̟̻̱̂̍̈́͆͑̌̏͂̇̇͜.̶̡̺̰͖͚̼́̏͑͋̄̆̂̓̈́̓̐̓̚̚͝͠m̴̛̗̤̽.̵̖̮̩̐̊͌̊̊͑͆̈̈̈́͑̈́̆͝.̶̢͚͎͍̣̥͉̮̪̗͔̰̭̥̤̮̆̆́̒͆̒̋͝e̸̢̛̼̳̗̳̥̬̩͕̪͎̟̰͑͛̿̀̀͝ͅ.̷̡̧̗̦̜͔͖͚̲͚̟̱͌̀̓̊̓́̍̄̏̾̌̎́̄̅̒͝v̸̛̮̼͕̼̼͔͚͖̹͉͎̟̖̣̽̽͛e̴̮̘͓̠̝̊̓̓̉̈̐̿̿͗̑̐̂͒̆̕.̵̡̻̦̱͕̩̟̞̗̺͕̲̱͋̉͐̉̈́̓̅̈́̏͑̅̀̈́̾̀ņ̵̱̱̹̭͇̘̫̜͉͍̪͍̪͉̉̀͑͆̉̇͋̒̇͊́̌͜͠ͅǧ̵͓̭̭.̷̟̬̖̦̘͔͔̀̍̊̇̀̆͆̒̆͑̾͝.̷̜̼͚̟̲̞̼͔̤̘͉͖̱̠̼̰̓͑͜ą̷͇͎̗͙̭̪̼̜͇̜̰̜̂b̶̧̧̟̗̣͔̯̰̼̠̻̰͎̀͋o̸̢̦̯̣͉͇̪̼̫͑̇̄͂͋͗̑͗̈́̂̀̉̆̋̉̚͠.̴̧̬̙͚͑̏̊̑̿͆̕ͅy̸̧̺̜̭̤͙̦̹̙͓̩̰̲̭͂ͅà̶͎̗͙̲̣̟̥͉̱̫̰̻͓̐̓̔̓̍͘͜ḅ̴̨̩͓͇͖̠͔̫͙̌́͒͝͝ͅǫ̸̧̙̼̰̳͋̒̇̈́ş̷̬̥̱̏̅͗̇͐̆̀̌̆͂͑̔̄̿

[3-1] NEMESIS - The first ever chart made for this pack, back in October 2020. 32nd stream bursts and dense 16th jumpstream to a classic IIDX banger

[3-2] Ruti’n - Syriana 2 (3 if you count Out Law?). u better be accing this

[3-3] Disconnected Hardkore - Collab between Wiosna and riktoi, a well done mostly conventionally accurate chart with some dumping flair

[3-4] CODE-0 - this is a rebound spiritual successor not a ckmp but have some taq-inspired stuff anyway, the chart and music are good enough that you should check this out anyway

[3-5] agony (TV Size) - i fucking love anime!!!

[3-6] Bride in Dream - A homage by Celebelian to Poison from the Rebound dump packs. Same artist, same really underrated difficulty patterns.

[3-BOSS] Pump This (Getter Remix) - POV: You are playing a James May boss file. Diverse file that tests a lot of skillsets over its long runtime, it’s probably one of the most fitting boss files.

[3-X] Graces of Heaven - For everyone that thought Wafles’ file wasn’t gimmicky enough. AKA Zeta.

[4-1] Delirium - have u ever played patashu’s delirium dump and thought it was awesome, but didnt like the fact that you failed out because you’re not 30+ msd? probably not. but i did. this is a file for me.

[4-2] Only Shallow - stamina stream dump. the gimmick is that the guitar sections are less dense but have harder patterns while the vocal sections are denser but more rolly

[4-3] Def Meters - one of the more unusual files in this pack, a fully technical chart that mostly gets its difficulty from longjacks. cool music too

[4-4] If and When We Rise Again - if we didn’t have a streetlight manifesto chart, this wouldn’t really be an etterna pack, now would it? the patterns in this are pretty mean btw watch out

[4-5] The Diary of Jane - probably one of the more conventional dumps in this pack, but the chart’s really good and the musics a classic. thanks for finding that gfx btw zeta

[4-6] Buzzsaw - I Can’t Believe It’s Not A Tech N9ne Dump

[4-BOSS] Boku no sensou - I love this chart and this song. You might not, but you’re wrong. I will fight you on this.

[4-X] We Luv Lama - c kanf aieronplmuectsfmo mi.oe rt rulr ile eme lanwollyatehaetl p fahri oseva anmhfgt ti eef renayt tcleklahyo eos , gmf

[5-1] B.O.B. - The real reason this pack took 3 years is because I had to wait for a 2hu to come out with a palette that matched the sp1nzok’s op gfx. Also I’m not sorry for the jack, go play some more boomer charts nerd

[5-2] Me and My Drum - funstep

[5-3] Native Faith - the easier gluts to piano chart. second half’s hold section is harder than you’d expect. fairly inspired by 0’s solo chart, almost just used his gfx for this

[5-4] weeble wobble vip - more funny gluts. this time a bit slower but also trickier. also i didnt know what to do for gfx for this and zeta wanted a reference to next to you’s gfx, so this file got the reference to that. if sam comes back in a gorillion years and doesnt like that i memed the gfx sry

[5-5] chaser - this pack took so long to come out shiki was still alive when i made this. wacky patterns with a lot of diversity, fun in a weird way i think

[5-6] Ding Dong Song - even ignoring the fact that getting a chart from these two is the sort of event that requires an alignment of all of the planets, this is a great chart, really feels like a polished version of a late midare-era dump. probably one of my favorites in the pack

[5-SSOB] Gemini Enjoy my Life - gniniart kcajdrohc ruoy no gnippiks neeb t’nevah uoy epoh i

[5-X] -160 - help im stuck in a zeta preview video pattern factory

[F-1] Mikasa - it kind of reminded me of virtue and vice in terms of song and patterning, so the gfx is the same artist. great file, cant wait for the anmao score on 1.2

[F-2] Circus Galop - more gluts to piano. now featuring faster, wackier patterns, and some rollwalls. good thing i didn’t chart the full version… right?

[F-3] Higan Retour - Polished version of HST’s HSMP1 file. Fast minijack handstream and jacks, hope ur a smoc pro

[F-4] Shinchoku Yaba-Zaemon uwu - Is your fridgecore running?

[F-5] Holding out for a hero - larger than life file. u better be strong and fast to hold out

[F-6] good night, jewel - like 0’s leonids but like ten times harder and with some 175 bpm trills. hope u can wristjack

[F-BOSS] Long Tall Eyelash (Ken Ishii Mix) - unprecedented patterns. probably were unprecedented for a reason.

[FINAL] Distorted Prose - final boss of etterna… though it’s been so long since i’ve made this that theres probably people who can AA this now. regardless, it’s really, really hard. watch out for the tech section

[XXXX] Quadrupolar -

8 Likes

WOOOOO THANK YOU!!! Body seems unclear is it a complete sentence?

1 Like

Paq

1 Like

midnight release

1 Like

okay this is epic

1 Like

can we get much higher?

1 Like

first person to AA quadrupolar gets $20 from
Windoze and $200 from zeta. DM for payout

1 Like

finally, lama

1 Like

Etterna Kecleon Pack

1 Like

finally figured out the issue causing the songlist generator to not work (it was wee light departed’s name). here it is!

also, heres some quick fixes to some files, as i missed some updates when releasing the pack. the ranked version of the pack will have these fixes.

Mikasa + Def Meters fixes.zip (10.3 KB)

1 Like

updated the pack link to contain the mikasa and def meters fixes, and shuffled around some of the levels

“if sam comes back in a gorillion years and doesnt like that i memed the gfx sry”

im not a corpse yet im just on permanant life support with a faulty wire that occasionally sends an electrical signal to my heart once every few months before giving up again

meme chart with meme gfx approv e

2 Likes