Proposal for EO CSS Enhancement to Improve Mobile Responsiveness

Dear EO website team,

I am writing to propose a potential solution to an issue I have observed with our website’s responsiveness on lower resolution devices, such as mobile phones.

During my recent interactions with the website on such devices, I noticed that the current design does not adapt optimally to smaller screens. This observation led me to develop a custom CSS stylesheet that aims to enhance the website’s performance and visual appeal on these devices.

While the proposed stylesheet is still a work in progress, preliminary tests have shown promising results. The website’s functionality on lower resolution screens has improved noticeably with the implementation of this stylesheet.

I believe that integrating this CSS into the official website could significantly enhance the user experience for visitors accessing our platform on mobile devices. Therefore, I kindly request the administrators to consider this proposal for official implementation.

I apologize if this topic has been posted in the incorrect category. If so, I would appreciate guidance on the appropriate section for such discussions.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback on this proposal.

Please find below my proposal for the CSS I made:

@media (max-width: 1500px) {
  	#scoresTable {
    		width: 900px
  	}
    #scoresTable tr {
        display: block;
        width: 90%;
        height: 370px;
        margin: 10px;
        box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2);
        transition: 0.3s;
        border-radius: 5px;
        overflow: auto;
    }
    #scoresTable tr:hover {
        box-shadow: 0 8px 16px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2);
    }
    #scoresTable td {
        padding: 2px 16px;
        display: block;
        word-wrap: break-word;
    }
    #scoresTable tbody {
        display: grid;
        grid-template-columns: repeat(auto-fill, minmax(300px, 1fr));
        gap: 10px;
        align-items: stretch;
    }
  	#scoresTable thead {
        display: none;
    }
}

Additional info: this was tested on a 1080p monitor with the Stylish extension for Google Chrome.

Best regards.

the current edition of the site was never meant to be mobile friendly. there is a rewrite of the site currently underway and nearing completion which is meant to be more mobile friendly. hold on to your suggestions until that time