[Pack WIP] S.T.U.F.F (Stream till ur fucking fast)

Hello all, this pack idea has been floating around my PC since ~2017, and its time I tried to finish it since I picked Etterna up again.

Charts from 90BPM up to 350BPM+. Full list below.

Pack DL link: here

Original idea conception:
My left hand is the slowest P.O.S ever, and was blocking me from progressing any further with dense patterns. However I could still excel at speed. The problem was that most of the speed charts had jacks and other non speed patterns in bursts, or a sudden density increase at the end. So I wondered what a pack with a focus of pure speed/streams would look like.

Once I had gathered a few songs, I had the idea of ordering them by BPM, so you would progress similar to the Rebound packs. Then I also thought about finding a relevant song for the entire range of speeds. I then realised I had given myself way too much to do, so once I stopped playing regularly back in 2020, I stopped charting.

I recently picked up Etterna again when the 2022 Secret Santa pack was opened. When I was play testing my chart, I saw this pack WIP again and had a blast playing the charts I had accumulated by now. Since I’m likely to drop off the face of the earth again once work starts back up, I’m leaving this here so maybe someone else can enjoy some of the charts as well.

NOTE: Yes, I know rates exist and kinda defeat the purpose of the BPM ranges. But I enjoy aiming for the good old 1.0 rate AA, and finding speed charts on a very specific BPM is kinda hard. Also a lot of the low BPM charts do play very well on rates, even though the patterns tend to be harder.

Some of the (soft) criteria I set for myself when making the pack:

• No bursts above targeted BPM
  • The most difficult part will be a stream of the targeted BPM
  • Limit use of Jumps in the streams
  • Consistent use of Jumps, Anchors and other non stream things (e.g. don’t suddenly add Jumps for a diff spike on a section that was stepped without them somewhere else)
  • No Jacks/Mini Jacks the same speed as the target BPM (e.g Anchors need to be no greater then half the target BPM)
  • Attempt to chart a variety of patterns but also fit the music well

Why is it still WIP?
I had an idea to write a script to analyse the chart and produce graphs of relevant technical attributes. Things like stream length, anchor usage, hand bias, manip/roll level. I was then going to use that for the graphics so people could see a breakdown of the chart without scrolling through the whole preview.
I never got around to searching for any open source tools which can convert the .sm files into a usable format, and I was too lazy to write it myself.

Another reason is I am too slow to be able to play anything above 350 bpm anymore, and don’t feel confident in charting anything at or above 400bpm. I got no idea what patterns at those speeds would play like, as things playable on down rates may not be feasible at full speed. If anyone can actually play things at those speeds and would want to give chart ideas or song suggestions, please do.

If you want to let me know about something:

• Discord user: Alamanar#2564
  • Reply on this thread
  • DM me on EO

Song list:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.