GG Nebulous (Pad Pack)

With the release of our first pack, GG Quarantine, back in September we were able to shake off the rust and get back into the stepping groove. We would now like to present our newest pack, GG Nebulous. We’ve been working on this pack for the last 7 months trying to make it better in every way possible compared to our previous back, and I feel we have accomplished that.

About:
The pack contains 16 files, all contain full difficulties either Beginner to Expert or Challenge with ratings ranging from 1 - 18 (using the newest DDR scale). For players more familiar with the ITG scale that would be 1 - 14. In terms of stepping style the pack is reminiscent of old-school R21 charting with a little bit of new ITG tech stuff sprinkled around. The pack includes 1 mod fully modded song, along with 2 other songs which have flair mods sprinkled about to hopefully introduce newer players to the world of modding (these mods work best when using Stepmania Outfox). I hope you all enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/1DxAHaSL#0V3Skx_pCvLanwTPkbiUo0JunSbAEslmWmt0f8UQoWE

Discord Contact:
Gradi#1307
Galamoth#6851

Hey, I tried the pack and it was overall pretty well done, although there are a few things to consider:

• the difficulty scale is not the standard for pad play, it looks similar to DDR scale but the ITG custom charting scene tends to use a smaller scale. For example one of your 15s would be 11-12 in ITG charting.
  • although the charts are generally on beat and follow the melodies nicely, the biggest offender is how you never use body direction to your advantage and in general the usage of different patterns feels inconsistent and arbitrary. Beyond the basic following the rhythm, you should try for example to make cosecutive sounds on the same note fall on the same arrow, while pitch or tone changes are best accented by using the rotation of your body. Since it’s the most misunderstood concept for people who start to chart for pad, I created a graph to show you visually. Switching between left facing and right facing often not only makes the charts more dynamic, but is the best way to account for a lot of things you can’t express otherwise due to the pattern costraints on pad. The bigger the rotation, the more you’re accenting. Crossovers, which are the most rotation you will normally require the player to do (135°) are very often used to notes or sounds that are off scale from the part of the melody that you’re following, and as such feel meaningful and justified.

2 Likes