An album a day for 2019 (recc me albums that dont suck)

Jan 17th

Everything Everything - Get To Heaven

5/10
ok the intro to the album is gratingly bad but after that it gets better. its mostly mediocre pop with a few moments where it gets interesting but jesus christ I can not stand the fucking vocalist. Distant Past is probably the best track here but honestly hardly anything stands out here

Recommended by: Soutin

okay serious recc:

Jan 18th

Hunting Lodge - Will

7/10
interesting early power-electronics/industrial ambient album. dont have much to say about this one

ok something youll be less likely to hate too

Jan 19th

The Voidz - Tyranny

6/10
a lot of this album tends to be fairly uninteresting but nothing really stands out as being bad either. Human Sadness and Business Dog are pretty solid though. I also cant tell if that autotune is good or horrible, it seems to randomly switch between the two in my head

Recommended by: Gravity

I havent updated in a while oops

Jan 20th

Tim Hecker - Ravedeath, 1972

5/10
and with this I conclude that tim hecker simply sucks ass

Jan 21st
Sigur Rós - Ágætis byrjun

5/10
ok so its supposed to be all uplifting and grand and what not but theres literally no buildup to the payoff so it just sounds so ingenuine. its like watching a movie but you just skip to all the most dramatic scenes so you dont actually care at all despite all the effort put in.

Recommended by: Theropfather

Jan 22nd

Machine Girl - Gemini

5/10
more tame Machine Girl, a lot more samey than the other album I’ve heard from them (…Because I’m Young Arrogant and Hate Everything You Stand For) and honestly I dont think it works as well, theres pretty much nothing to set it apart from thousands of other breakbeat albums. the production on the first half is pretty good, however

Recommended by: Decibel (kinda)

Jan 23rd

William Basinski - Melancholia

9/10
β€œoh fuck I think I’ve randomly started to hate ambient, those tim hecker albums sucked” β€œwait whats this β€˜Melancholia’ album?” β€œok this is actually fucking amazing its just that tim hecker blows”
in all seriousness this album is amazing. Tracks are all untitled, but the first 2 tracks are some of the best ambient pieces I’ve heard.

Jan 24th

When Ghosts Use Knives - Demo

7/10
dont have much to say about this one. its pretty good for a demo and the last 2 tracks are incredibly heartfelt. too bad all these guys ever put together was this short demo and then never showed up again

Never knew Jonathan Coulton puts his stuff on Spotify, thanks! Code Monkey is just annoyingly catchy.

(last few tracks are kinda meh.)

hey idiot i’m talking to u

post must be at least 10 characters
​
​
​
​
​
​
​
​
​